Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscars Night - Top 5 Best and Worst Dressed Celebrities According to me


Okay, so Oscars were on last night and I am not a fan of the event, EXCEPT for the glamor it shows-off which I think is something to look forward to. There is always, some “OH MY GOD! I want that dress!” and some “What the hell is she wearing?! Good Lord!”

So, here I am, with my top 5 best and worst dressed celebrities and I know some of you might like what I hated and some of you might end up hating what I think was the limelight of the whole evening.
Firstly, lets have a look at the top 5 best dressed ladies of the evening.

TOP 5 BEST DRESSED CELEBS AT THE OSCARS ACCORDING TO ME



The first one is Anne Hathaway, and boy she looked breathtaking in this lovely Valentino gown. Although I didn’t like her outfit she wore while walking down the red carpet, she managed to pull her style sense back at the after party at Vanity Fair.



Mila Kunis, God she looked amazing in that lovely piece of dress. This is an Elie Saab creation (which I’d never heard of until last night) and Mila carried it out perfectly. Way to go Mila.



In comes the Oscar Winner for Best Actress, Natalie Portman, in an awe-inspiring and beautiful Rodarte creation accompanied by Jimmy Choo heels, a Roger Vivier clutch, and Tiffany & Co. jewelry. She undoubtedly looked stunning and I just got to know that she is expecting her first baby. Congrats Natalie.



Mandy Oh Mandy! You looked lovely in that ravishing Monique Lhuillier dress. Apparently, I didn’t really like Mandy Moore's hairstyle but the dress did its magic and hence the hairdo can be ignored.



Last but not the least in my top 5 is none other than Halle Berry, and she looked absolutely gorgeous in her Marchesa gown and 10-carat diamond Neil Lane earrings. She carried on both, the dress and the earrings amazingly.


TOP 5 WORST DRESSED CELEBS AT THE OSCARS ACCORDING TO ME


Now lets come down to those who failed to make a mark in the Oscars with their sense of style and dressing.



First is none other than Helena Bonham, and what the hell was she wearing? A magpie style with a custom gown created by costume designer Colleen Atwood. I have to meet this costume designer and someone has to knock some sense into him. And what is that on her leg? GB's Flag? You've got to be kidding me.



She may have deservedly won the Best Supporting Actress for her role in "The Fighter," but Melissa Leo did not win anyone over in this complicated Marc Bouwer laser-cut-lace frock. I mean this is NOT what you wear for an occasion like The Oscars.




And are you kidding me? Whats wrong with you Penelope? She wore L'Wren Scott creation which I didn’t think was for the Oscars. I didn’t like the dress at all.

 



And I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw her walk down the red carpet in that ugly dress. Yes, that’s Nicole Kidman in a Christian Dior strapless dress accompanied by a glamorous Fred Leighton choker. Although I loved the choker but the dress was NOT at all my favourite.

 



Lastly, when I saw this lady walk down with this piece of dress, I told myself, is it really the Oscar’s that I am watching? Gayle King, without any doubt won the Worst Dresssed Oscar for the evening. I wouldn’t dare wear this color in any formal occasion.

 



So here it is ladies, my post on the Oscar’s Best and Worst dressed Celebrities which made me to come to the conclusion that no matter how big your name is in the Designer World, sometimes you end up creating dresses that makes girls like me go bonkers and takes us in a state of shock telling ourselves, “No! This cant be a Versace creation, it cant be a Dior dress, it possibly cannot be an Armani gown!”   

But in the end, we have to face the truth and we cannot do anything about it.

 

Hope you like my post. =D


Till then stay pretty and keep your hands off those ugly dresses. =D

4 comments: